If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
$25 Off for new clients.
Sign-up using the form or call us at 510-797-2323 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
When it comes to controlling parasite infestations it is very true that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Following is some helpful information on preventing internal and external parasite infestations and why it is so important:
- Use a veterinarian prescribed medication, not over-the-counter medications, which can be very toxic to your pet and other family members.
- Administer medications specifically as directed. Inappropriate administration can drastically reduce the efficacy.
- Use medications year round.
- Tapeworms come from ingesting fleas. Thus, if fleas are being controlled in your environment, your pet will not have tapeworms.
- A lot of pets suffer from flea allergy dermatitis. This is characterized by itching, scabs on the skin and hair loss. Just 1 flea can cause severe symptoms.
- Heartworm is acquired by mosquitoes and is in the bay area. They live in your dogs and cats. They also live in coyotes so it is very important to keep your pet on heartworm prevention year round.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our clinic at (510) 797-2323. You can also visit the January newsletter and pet care tips section of our website.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
- Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.