- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
To help insure your pet's health, it is vital to implement a good dental care regimen. By following these suggestions, you can start improving your pet's health:
- Examine your pet's mouth regularly.
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet's mouth with all annual exams.
- Annually vaccinate your dog with the new dental vaccine.
- Offer crunchy food rather than wet food, or try a diet that is specifically formulated to reduce gingivitis, plaque and tartar.
- Offer your pet hard toys to chew on, or chews that are specifically formulated for reducing the bacteria in your pet's mouth.
- Brush your pet's teeth. Start out slowly, gradually building your pet's tolerance until you are brushing daily or at least weekly.
- Do not allow anyone to do dental cleanings without first discussing it with your veterinarian. Your veterinarian can explain the importance of a proper dental cleaning and how it is performed.
- Offer guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, and birds something to chew on to keep their teeth, or beaks, from getting too long.
- Watch for signs of discomfort such as not eating or sensitivity around your pet's mouth.
Please be very careful when brushing and examining your pet's mouth, especially if your pet bites or is uncomfortable. If you need assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact our clinic at (510)797-2323.